Thursday 11 May 2017

Greek students' dreams





“I have a dream to become a psychologist.  I plan studying psychology because I feel like I’m destined to help people cope with their problems and difficulties.
When I was little I was always changing my mind about the job that I wanted to do.  At first I wanted to be an archaeologist, then a teacher, but for some years now I know that the job of my dreams is to become a psychologist.
Helping people and finding possible ways so they can overcome their problems is something that makes me feel important and needed.  I also want to have a master’s degree at criminology because it is very interesting and intriguing.
My goal is to study abroad after I finish High School, probably in countries like England or Scotland.  My aspirations are very high and I hope that I’ll be able to meet them.
To summarize everything, dreams are the fuel to big achievements and without dreams the world wouldn’t have progressed in any way and would never have come such a long way in terms of revolutionary breakthroughs until today.”
Stefania Vlotsou




“I have a dream to study Medicine in a Greek University after finishing Senior High School. From a very young age I wanted to become a doctor because this image of a doctor saving someone’s life has always fascinated me.
 As I grew up, this urge became more and more intense. I believe that the most significant thing in someone’s life is their health. Being a doctor I will have the opportunity to do my best to give back this precious gift to people who are ill. There is no better feeling than that of giving generously to others, the feeling of happiness when you inform family members that everything has turned out well during a difficult operation, or the heavy burden of announcing the bad news to patiens’ relatives.
There is a continuous change of exceptionally strong feelings when you work as a doctor. A doctor offers the priceless value of this job to society’s welfare. Doctors, whether they practice the profession or they work in the research field help greatly in maintaining the health standards and they find cures and vaccines to fight illnesses which kill humans.
All of the above reasons have moved me to choose this job for my vocation. I believe that I am passionate enough to pursue this dream. "
Chara Kanouta

“Mechanical Engineering has been my dream for many years.  A mechanical engineer designs power generators, internal combustion engines, refrigerator and air conditioning systems. As you can understand this job is very creative. It is related to industrial production which is a sector that I am very interested in. I think I am good at working with my hands and with technology which is necessary for performing well at this kind of job. You can work for companies, factories of all kinds, and create machines that are essential for the successful running of a business or a project. What I find really exciting in this job, is that you build something from scratch and you are responsible for its completion as well as its smooth operation. I am very keen on science and I love finding new applications of its principles. So, I would be grateful if I could do this for a living as well. Another think I love in this job, is its diversity. You are never confined to a specific kind of subject or a monotonous task. Being a mechanical engineer means you can build from  small individual parts to large scale spacecraft and machine tools. It gives me an enormous sense of fulfilment to think that one day I may be able to see an aircraft engine designed by me, being used on the latest aircraft models sometime in the future."
Thanos Kotoulas

No comments:

Post a Comment